We believe that the mission of Project Unspeakable, to challenge the official silence surrounding the “unspeakable” assassinations of John F. Kennedy, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Robert Kennedy, while shedding light on the “unspeakables” of today, is even more timely now than it was when the Project was conceived in 2013.
We’ve created two scripts to tell the stories of these assassinations and raise questions about the persistence of the forces behind them. Various versions of those scripts have been read or performed during the 50th anniversary commemorations of the assassinations of JFK and Malcolm X and at activist and academic conferences. Hundreds of community reading participants have had the opportunity to explore the critically important issues raised (see Past Events). Together, we can shed the induced bafflement and inertia brought on by intentional media manipulation and subterfuge.
- The University of Massachusetts Boston’s Center for African, Caribbean and Community Development is presenting a major reading of the Documentary Script of Project Unspeakable in Boston on April 26, 2018. Please join students, faculty and administration for the reading, discussion and reception. Community artists, activists, and leaders are assisting with the reading. If you know you’d like to attend, please let us know via our contact page.
- Other communities are doing community readings of the Project Unspeakable Documentary Script as well – we’d love to have more community groups, classrooms and towns join those who have used the play to explore the history of the 1960s, the intersections of African American and White timelines, and the “unspeakables” of today — school-to-prison pipelines, police brutality, mass surveillance, extreme economic divides and covered-up crimes. See more on Use of the Scripts and Organizing a Reading, and get inspired with the Media Coverage from some past events.
- We are seeking partners for workshop and full productions of Project Unspeakable: The Play, the theatrical version of the Project Unspeakable script – please contact us if you’re interested in talking more. We are grateful for the support of the New York-based Convergences Theatre Collective and their lab of over 30 diverse “makers” for their support in developing the current draft of The Play.
What Can I Do?
You can be part of the Project Unspeakable movement, and there are lots of ways to be involved:
- Request a script to read
- Organize a reading or performance
- Donate to support the organization and our NY debut of the new script
- Sign up to be on the Project mailing list
- Learn more by exploring our Blog and Resources list
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter and share with your friends
- Contact us with your suggestions and fan mail
The Term “Conspiracy Theory” — an Invention of the CIA
Having read JFK and the Unspeakable several years ago, I’ve been thinking about assassinations for quite a while and I’ve seen how “conspiracy theory” is used to shut off debate, to signal that we’re entering “the unspeakable” zone. So I began to wonder if the use of the term Conspiracy Theory might be a conspiracy itself.
So I went exploring, and surprise surprise, there is a 1967 CIA memo that puts forward a great many of the commonly heard rebuttals to the Warren Commission Report... [continue reading]
Corruption of Journalists by CIA is Routine
“Taught to lie, to betray and not to tell the truth to the public” — this is a quote taken from Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, editor of the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, one of Germany’s largest newspapers, when he decided to come clean about his involvement with shadow government media scandals where he was threatened and convinced to write and publish false articles. “We have betrayed our readers, just to push for war … I don’t want this anymore, I’m fed up with this propaganda." ... [continue reading]
The JFK Assassination: Defending the Gangster State
Many people are in denial about the power, positive and negative, that our government has over our country, and some are completely unaware. For decades we have seen events impact our country causing devastation and chaos, but fingers never point to the people who are supposed to handle these things. Officers from CIA, DIA, FBI, The Pentagon, policy makers and so many more have all proved themselves capable ... [continue reading]